OEM custom convceyor systerm plastic moulding injection pom delrin conveyor chain
1.A complete range of specification
2.free design offer OEM & ODM
3.free sample available
4.professional service team
5.specialize CNC machining and injection over 10 years
6.Custom accept as per drawing or sample
POM (Full-name: Polyformaldehyde), is a engineering plastics of non-side-chain, high density, high crystalline and linear polymer, which is praised “Plastic Steel”, and has comprehensive excellent performances, such as: wear-resistance, high hardness, anti-impregnant, good rigidity (Tensile modulus of elasticity), chemical stability, isolation resistance and dimensional stability. POM has widely applied in Automobile industries, electronic and electric products, commodity, pipeline & fittings, exact apparatus and so on, which can be instead of the bronze, Zinc, tin and other metals.
Except POM-H, is often copolymerized with ethylene oxide together, in order to avoid the melting of POM material in the high temperature. POM-H has the better performances than POM-C in its high crystalline, mechanical strength and rigidity. And POM-C has the better performances than POM-H in its low melting point, temperature stability, fluxion characteristic and machining capability.
Father more, POM-H+PTFE, which is made from the Delrin POM Resin that maxed Teflon fiber symmetrically, has the low co-efficient of frication, good lubrication, wear-resistance, non-creepage resistance.
Automobile industries: POM has a large application in car industries, because the mechanical parts made by POM, which has the advantages of high mechanical strength, high hardness, good wear-resistance, low co-efficient of friction, easy to maintain, reducing cost and so on, can be used in cars instead of coppery half stalk and planet gear. It not only saving copper materials, but also improving service life. At the engine fuel system, components for hose valves and case cover of radiator, cooling fluid’s standby case, water valve, oil box’ cover, pump impeller, shell of gasification machine and accelerator pedal and so on.
Electronic and electric Industries: because of its lower power consuming, high dielectric strength and insulation resistance and electronic arc resistance, POM has widely applied in electronic and electric Industries, such as: shell of electronic spanner, shell of electronic scissors, shell of coal drilling machine ,handle of switch, parts also for phone, wireless recorder, video tape recorder, television, computer, electrograph, calculagraph, bracket of recorder tape and so on.
Agricultural machine: part of manual sprayer, joint and transport part of seeder, parts of milk machine, shell of irrigation and drainage, valve, joint and bush of water and so on.
Pharmacy & packing Machine: transporting screw, planet gear, gear bar, chain wheel and cushion bar and so on.
Construction industries: water tap, window frame, wash pot, water tank, pulley for portiere, shell of water meter and tie-in of water pipe.
Color:White,Black,Natural,Rice Yellow brown and so on.
inejction POM conveyor chain
POM / Nylon/ PVC or customized
|1-250mm or customized
|OEM & ODM
|sheet, rod, tube, gear, pulley, guide rail……or according to your demand
|Plastic bags,Cartons,Wodden case,Pallet,Container,ect.
|One stop procurement
|Fire Resistant, Heat Resistant
|ISO9001: 2008, Test Report
Are plastic conveyor chains resistant to chemicals and corrosive substances?
Plastic conveyor chains are generally resistant to a wide range of chemicals and corrosive substances. The level of resistance depends on the specific type of plastic material used in the chain’s construction. Some common plastics used for conveyor chains, such as polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), and acetal (POM), offer good resistance to various chemicals and acids.
However, it is essential to note that not all plastics have the same level of chemical resistance. Some aggressive chemicals or solvents may still affect certain plastic materials, leading to degradation or weakening of the chain over time. Therefore, it is crucial to consult the manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines to ensure the plastic conveyor chain’s compatibility with the specific chemicals present in the operating environment.
In highly corrosive environments, it may be beneficial to consider plastic conveyor chains made from more chemically resistant materials or to explore alternative options, such as stainless steel conveyor chains, which provide excellent corrosion resistance.
Regular maintenance and inspection of plastic conveyor chains are also essential to identify any signs of chemical-induced wear or degradation and to replace the chain when necessary, ensuring optimal performance and longevity.
What are the environmental benefits of choosing plastic conveyor chains over other materials?
Opting for plastic conveyor chains over other materials can offer several environmental benefits:
- Recyclability: Many plastic conveyor chains are made from recyclable materials, making them a sustainable choice. At the end of their service life, these chains can be recycled and repurposed, reducing the demand for new raw materials and minimizing waste.
- Energy Efficiency: Plastic chains generally have lower friction compared to metal chains, which means they require less power to operate. This reduced friction can lead to energy savings, contributing to a more energy-efficient conveyor system.
- Reduced Lubrication: Some plastic conveyor chains are designed to be self-lubricating or require less frequent lubrication. This not only reduces maintenance needs but also decreases the use of lubricants, which can be environmentally harmful if not properly managed.
- Chemical Resistance: Plastic chains are often more resistant to chemicals, moisture, and other corrosive substances, reducing the risk of contamination and minimizing the need for harsh chemicals in cleaning processes.
- Lightweight: Plastic chains are generally lighter than metal chains, which can result in lower transportation and handling emissions during manufacturing and installation.
- Noise Reduction: As mentioned earlier, the noise reduction benefits of plastic chains can contribute to a quieter working environment, reducing noise pollution in surrounding areas.
By considering the environmental impact of material choices, businesses can move towards more sustainable practices and reduce their overall ecological footprint.
Types of Plastic Materials Commonly Used in Conveyor Chain Manufacturing
Conveyor chains are often made from various types of plastic materials, each with its specific properties and advantages. Some of the commonly used plastics in conveyor chain manufacturing include:
– Polyethylene (PE): PE is a versatile and cost-effective plastic used in conveyor chain applications due to its excellent impact resistance, low friction, and resistance to chemicals. It is well-suited for lighter-duty applications and is available in various grades to meet specific requirements.
– Polypropylene (PP): PP offers good chemical resistance, high tensile strength, and low moisture absorption, making it suitable for applications involving exposure to moisture and chemicals. PP conveyor chains are commonly used in the food industry, as they can handle washdowns and resist the growth of bacteria.
– Acetal (Polyoxymethylene, POM): Acetal is a high-performance plastic with excellent mechanical properties, such as low friction, wear resistance, and dimensional stability. POM conveyor chains are commonly used in high-speed applications and can operate at temperatures ranging from -40°C to 100°C.
– Nylon (Polyamide, PA): Nylon chains offer high strength, toughness, and abrasion resistance, making them suitable for heavy-duty and demanding applications. They are commonly used in industries such as automotive, mining, and materials handling.
– UHMWPE (Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene): UHMWPE is known for its exceptional wear resistance, low coefficient of friction, and self-lubricating properties. UHMWPE chains are used in applications where reducing friction and wear are crucial.
– PEEK (Polyether Ether Ketone): PEEK is a high-performance engineering plastic with excellent mechanical and thermal properties. PEEK conveyor chains are used in extreme environments with high temperatures and aggressive chemicals.
– PVDF (Polyvinylidene Fluoride): PVDF offers excellent chemical resistance and is often used in applications requiring resistance to solvents and aggressive chemicals.
Each type of plastic material used in conveyor chain manufacturing has its unique benefits and limitations, and the selection of the appropriate material depends on the specific requirements of the conveyor system, including the application, environmental conditions, and load-carrying capacity.
editor by CX 2023-09-04